Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
REGENERATIVE MEDICINE FACIAL REJUVENATION WITH YOUR OWN CELLS
PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP)
THE NEW TREATMENT IN BIOLOGICAL DERMAL REJUVENATION THE PROCESS IS -
• SAFE and Physiologically Active • Preparation is Simple and Quick, and completed on the Physicians premises in the appointment time.
• Can be used in multiple areas for dermal rejuvenation
PRP can help address crinkling skin around the eyes. Cheeks and Mid Face Neck Jaw Line Chest and Décolletage Back of hands and arms
FACIAL REJUVENATION with PRP is a simple process:
• Your therapist will assess the degree of skin aging, perform a skin analysis, and recommend a sensible treatment with reasonable outcome.
• Options of facial rejuvenation are explained to you, including efficacy and safety. Cost analysis is discussed and the number of sessions possibly required.
• Persons between the ages of 30 and 80 years are eligible. • Almost all skin tones show that the process is safe and effective because your own enriched plasma is used, but not all grades of wrinkling can be improved.
• A photograph of the skin is taken to assist the follow-up and grading of the improvement.
• Prior to treatment a blood sample of 10 – 20 mls is extracted from the patient. This blood is immediately placed in the centrifuge for 8 minutes. When centrifugation is complete your plasma will be separated from your red blood cells. The rich platelets are extracted and injected into the skin. Platelets gradually increase collagen which can increase skin thickness and overall health of the skin.
• By an injection technique, the PRP is injected into the skin under topical local anaesthesia. The forehead, peri-orbital region, cheeks, chins and dorsum of the hands, are the targets of aging and wrinkles, for rejuvenation. The process is well tolerated providing sufficient topical anaesthesia is applied.
• PRP facial rejuvenation can be a one off treatment, but further microinjections can be re-performed at 4 weekly intervals for lines and wrinkles if the client desires this.
• This entire process and injection time is simple and takes approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour in total. The process is on the same day and on the same medical practice.
• Minimal: Expect minimal swelling, bruising and redness for 12-24 hours.
• A bruise at the venapuncture site may be visible for 2-3 days.
• Results are visible at 3 weeks as the swelling from the fluid subsides. The results will improve gradually over ensuing months with improvement in texture and tone.
Normally it is advised to have 2 – 3 treatments 4 weeks apart. However your clinician will determine your treatment protocol according to your skin condition. Treatment results vary however in most patients the results last up to 18 months. Touch up treatments will maintain the results as well.