Mixto Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing
The future is here with new technology in skin resurfacing with the MiXto laser. Combining the effectiveness of Carbon Dioxide lasers long known to be the GOLD STANDARD in wrinkle removal with an innovative fractional technology and a more tightly focused beam, the MiXto fractional laser delivers uniform tissue ablation to the dermis causing immediate contraction and tissue tightening. A secondary effect is the production of new collagen over the next 6-12 weeks. This advanced technology delivers powerful results without the harsh side effects and downtime of traditional CO2 resurfacing.
The MiXto fractional laser treatment is giving all the benefits of traditional laser resurfacing, without general anaesthesia, pain and prolonged downtime.
The benefits to the Patient are:
- Immediate shrinkage of damaged skin
- Softening of fine lines and wrinkles
- Removal of age and sun spots
- Improves acne scarring
- Reduces your risk of skin cancer by vaporization of columns of skin.
- New collagen production for up to one year following treatment.
- Relatively short downtime
- Minimal discomfort as only topical anaesthetics needed for most individuals; mild sedation for additional comfort available for patients with transportation
- Safe and effective for virtually all skin surface areas including areas including face, neck, chest, back, arms and hands
- Safe all skin colour and skin types
- Potentially may pay for the procedure itself with less need of fillers for wrinkles and age lines, not to mention much less risk of skin cancers
- Cosmetic appearance continues to improve with stimulation of collagen production up to 6 months after procedure
CO2 Laser Resurfacing has been the gold standard in skin resurfacing for the past couple decades as it achieved unparalleled smoothness and reduction of wrinkle that no other modality can match. However, it has fallen out of favour because of significant pain requiring general anaesthesia and substantial down time with the complexion appearing bloody raw for at least a couple of weeks.
The FRACTIONAL laser technology uses the CO2 laser energy in a pixel-like fashion where
microscopic holes 0.3mm are punched into the skin right next to each other via computer-generated pattern. This fractionated CO2 laser technology delivers microscopic columns of 10600nm CO2 laser energy across the skin barrier, penetrating 20%-40% of skin surface area right next to each other. The other 60-80% of non-ablated skin surface areas facilitate faster healing. Other non-CO2 fractional lasers. A recent study confirmed that the fractional CO2 deep dermal ablation resulted in collagen remodelling for at least three months after treatment, as determined by immune histochemical analysis of heat shock proteins.
Energy of Fractional CO2 Laser mushrooms in the papillary dermis leading to skin tightening.
The healing process induces continual Collagen Production up to 6 months.